Your Tooting WI membership starts when we’ve received your completed membership form and your membership payment. There’s a small fee to join the Tooting WI, which helps us to cover running costs and events.
This section includes more information about the fees for 2023-2024, the membership form and how you can pay. It’s very simple, however do contact us if you have any more questions.
If you’re not sure if it’s worth it, read about the wonderful events programme, clubs and campaigns, and come back to this page!
Tooting WI fees for 2023 – 2024
It costs £46 for an annual membership to the Tooting WI. We also have a special option of £50 for an annual membership AND 4 months of raffle entries.
The 2022 -2023 WI membership year runs from 1 April 2023 to 31 March 2024. (This has changed from a 1 January start date during the Coronavirus pandemic, so the membership year will now start from 1 April.)
If you’d like to become a dual member of Tooting WI and another WI group, you’ll need to pay £46 to your primary WI, and an additional £22.60 to your secondary WI group.
How to join the Tooting WI
Your membership starts when we have received BOTH your completed membership form AND your membership payment.
As soon as that’s done, you’ll start receiving member benefits and email updates from us about meetings and clubs.
1. Fill in and send us your membership form
- Complete the membership form online (Google Doc). Or use the Word document or PDF form, completing the Gift Aid declaration on page 2 if you are a UK taxpayer. These can be completed on a PC, laptop or tablet. Alternatively, you can print and complete the membership form to return to us.
- Email us your completed form. Contact us for a postal address if you would like to print and post us the membership form.
Use of your data
All data is stored in a secure database provided by the WI and is handled according to UK data privacy legislation.
2. Choose your payment amount
You can choose from one of two membership options:
- £50 for annual membership and 4 months’ of raffle entries
- £46 for annual membership only.
3. Pay your membership / membership and raffle fees
Pay by bank transfer
- Account name: Tooting WI
- Account number: 25825489
- Sort code: 23-05-80
Add your surname (as on your membership form) as a reference for your payment.
Pay by credit card
Tick the ‘I will pay by credit card’ box on the membership form, and use this secure link (via SumUp) to pay by credit card.
Pay by cheque
Email us and we will give you a mailing address for you to post your cheque to.
What the membership fees include
Once you’ve joined us as a Tooting WI member, you can:
- Come along to one of our monthly meetings where we have lots of interesting speakers and activities. Tooting WI holds at least 11 meetings each year. The committee is committed to running a diverse and engaging series of events, and we welcome ideas from our members.
- Join one of our clubs. We have active book, craft, supper and culture clubs.
- Enter the monthly Tooting WI raffle. Our raffle prizes are always connected to the theme of the month’s meeting. (Tickets are £1 per entry, or you can include 4 months of entries in your membership.)
- Find out about federation and national-level opportunities through regular mailings and newsletters.
- Read about the wider Women’s Institute community in WI Life, the membership magazine that you’ll receive in the post eight times a year.
- Access exclusive information and resources on the My WI website.
- Join the Tooting WI committee, and meet lovely people while getting involved!
Where do the fees go?
Almost half of your membership fee goes towards supporting us (Tooting WI), with the rest going to our local federation (Surrey) and National Women’s Institute. The fees help us with running costs, activities and events. FYI – our lovely Tooting WI committee members are volunteers!
The £44 fee is split between:
- Tooting WI 49.3% (£21.7)
- Surrey Federation 23.2% (£10.20)
- National Federation 27.5% (£12.10)