This April we’re excited to launch another 12 months of interesting and fun events for our members! Please see our planned programme below – details are subject to change so please do follow us on Twitter & Instagram for all the latest updates.
- April 14th, 2021 – Cooking class: Spring is here and we are excited to be welcoming chef Sarah Kettel to lead us in virtual cook-a-long! We will be making a delicious Thai noodle salad with the crispy baked tofu, or chicken for a non-vegetarian option.
- May 12th, 2021 – Getting a bestselling book to market – behind the scenes: Have you ever wondered what it takes to get a bestselling book to market? Sam will take us behind the scenes of Penguin Random House, and how she and her team brought Michelle Obama’s memoir ‘Becoming’ to the UK. Along the way, we’ll hear her thoughts on diversity in publishing, and whether ‘chic lit’ really exists.
- June 9th, 2021 – Plant workshop: Its the perfect time to get your green fingers out. We will be joined by Armando, co-owner of local cafe The Plant Cafe. Armando will providing us with tips and tricks to growing indoor plants and suggesting some good plants to improve air quality and provide a tranquil and relaxing atmosphere.
July 14th,2021 – Scavenger Hunt: Summer is here – lets hit the park! We’ll split into teams for a playful challenge on Tooting Common.
August 11th,2021 – Flower arranging: Join Florist and stylist extraordinaire Jolande Rowe in a meeting to practise the perfect bouquet. We are providing some foliage and some flowers but if you have a flower you would like to use, please bring it along!
September 8th,2021 – Fizzy wine tasting: Our favourite food and wine expert is back with Sparkling wine tasting ranging from English vineyards to something you can pick up at a local supermarket. Come join for what is usually the most popular meeting and no guesses for why!
- October 13th, 2021 – Black History Month talk: We’ll be joined by a local author for insightful views on today’s topical issues.
- November 10th, 2021 – Sustainability spotlight: With the COP in Glasgow happening and the popularity of a meeting we had a few years ago we are talking to Sustainability guru Abby Chicken on all things we can do to help Climate Change local, domestic and internationally.
- December 8th, 2021 – Christmas Crafts: Its that time again! We’ll mark the countdown with some festive crafty fun and mulled wine.
- January 12th, 2022 – Sound meditation: Let’s start 2022 off on a soothing note with a relaxing soundscape. All you have to do is breath and relax!
- February 9th, 2022 – Sign language lesson: We’ll be guided through some of the basics of this important skill.
- March 9th, 2022 – Photography: A local photographer will talk to us about her creative process; recent projects as well as practical tips for taking beautiful photos.